In rural and forested regions, wild animals are a serious traffic problem. Here are tips to reduce the likelihood of being involved in a crash when an animal inadvertently runs in front of your vehicle:
- Scan the road and shoulders ahead of you.
- Use high-beam headlights if there’s no oncoming traffic.
- If a collision is unavoidable, apply the brakes firmly and remain in your lane.
- Be extra cautious at dawn and dusk.
- Drivers should always wear seat belts and remain awake, alert, and sober.